Contributors mailing list archives
Re: OCA Repositories in Odoo Apps Storeby
Tecnativa. S. L., Pedro M. Baeza
Frederik, I don't think it would be a good idea to put a price in Odoo Apps Store, due to these reasons:
- The more important one: Odoo forbids in their conditions to have the module with a lower price (free in this case) available in other places. This was something highlighted by Ivan Yelizariev in Twitter and I think it's still not enforced, but it's a matter of time. He can comment about this if reading this thread.
- The high 30% cut that we will lose.
- The maintenance burden we will have, as manifest must be modified for accommodating to extra requirements in paid apps.
- How to price each module? Same price? Number of lines proportional price with the need of computing this?
- The support that must be done in those modules. Not sure, but I think there's certain obligations in paid apps.
- The possible complaints of module authors about money getting to Odoo and OCA, but not them.
I see OK to modify the README template for adding the link to OCA Apps as a minimal action for now, but don't have the silver bullet for the general problem.