Contributors mailing list archives
Re: Consignation for shipping materialby
Le Filament, Rémi Cazenave
As far as I understand, keeping the same behavior as delivery_package_fee but allowing to select a storable product instead of service might do the trick no ?
- Validating your sale order would then generate a delivery order with the shipping box
- When you get the shipping box back, you could make a return of
these products from delivery order and refund the returned
SCOP LE FILAMENT
Le 07/12/2021 à 09:02, Didier Donzé a écrit :
I'm searching for a solution to handle "consignation" of products ("consigne" in French). There are 2 aspects we want to handle here:
2. Stock t the customer (how many boxes left at each customers facility)
The use case is: To deliver the customer we use X shipping boxes like those https://embalogik.com/produit/fruits-legumes-50-x-30-b/. For every customer, we want to keep the count of how many boxes he received and invoice/refund him when I deliver and take them back...
The behavior is similar to the one with consignation on bottles. We discussed it internally at Camptocamp and have 3 ideas:
1. Cheap solution: an integer field on res.partner to contain the quantity -> 100% manual, not very handy
2. delivery_package_fee that we developed and adds a fee on the SO using a service product -> we cover the invoicing, stock and refunds have to be handled manually
3, A new module that would handle, stock, invoicing and refunds -> seems to be really complicated for the benefit
What are your thoughts? Thank you very much!
camptocampINNOVATIVE SOLUTIONSBY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS
Didier DonzéChef de projet
+41 21 619 10 10 (central)
+41 21 619 10 45 (direct)
Quartier de l'Innovation EPFL, PSE-A