The Odoo Community Association, or OCA, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of the Odoo features and to promote the widespread use of Odoo. The Association provides financial, organizational and legal support to the broader Odoo Open Source community. It also serves as an independent legal entity to which community members can contribute to the code, the funding and other resources, with the knowledge that their contributions will be maintained for public benefit.
The Association’s projects are all freely available and usable under an OSI-certified Open Source license.
- Help and promote the collaborative software development of Odoo;
- Encourage the development of Odoo and its features while coordinating and organizing the collaborative work on the software;
- Assist the community while defending its interests and the sustainability of its developments;
- Promote the use of the Odoo solution;
- Facilitate synergies, collaborations and fund raising efforts;
- Actively collaborate on the definition of the roadmaps of new versions of the tool and their implementation.
Establish and support an Open Source and collaborative community for the development and promotion of the Odoo features and modules.
Specific goals support the overall mission:
- To ensure a high degree of quality in the OCA’s projects in order to build and preserve the association “brand”.
- To ensure the long term support and maintenance of the OCA’s projects and developments.
- To provide resources for the OCA’s projects - eg. infrastructure, CLA, funding, legal.
- To encourage the implementation of open standards and standards-based interoperability in the OCA’s projects.
- To support the worldwide use and contribution to the OCA’s projects from the community via the internationalization of the software and community outreach.
- To represent the Community’s opinion regarding the Odoo SA roadmap, marketing and development strategies.
- To promote the use of Open Source software in the industry (not just association software) - eg. training, outreach.
- To organize members meetings to improve the collaboration and the knowledge of the OCA’s projects.
The Odoo Community Association has been launched in 2013 by the following founding members:
All of the founding members are strongly involved in the community and shared the same vision about Collaborative software development.